Actuarial Outpost

Actuarial Outpost (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php)
-   Non-Actuarial Topics (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pokemon Go just came out (http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=310679)

Fish Actuary 07-22-2016 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ao fan (Post 8619184)
level 18 :sg:

i parked myself in bryant park during my walk home from work, set off a magic egg and evolved a whole bunch of pokemon. it took almost the entire half hour that the egg gives to do that. i had a lot of pokemon to evolve. then i powered up a few and fought at a gym against team instinct. fighting at gyms is way more fun when you have an army of higher level pokemon. my pokes fought the good fight, but we were defeated. we did defeat one of their men though and took away a bunch of their prestige points.

then i got to my block finally and was way too close to level 18 to stop, so i walked around the block, found more stuff and got to level 18 right before my phone died.

Damn! You've blown past me. I'm at level 16. I'm mostly getting XP from hitting pokestops and just don't get all that many pidgeys and rattatas. Most of the stuff I get needs 50 candies to evolve. I'm in the process of collecting stuff for another round with the lucky egg, so maybe I'll catch up soonish.

On the positive side, I hatched an egg with an aerodactyl last night and after several power-ups its got CP1087 and I caught a pincher which I powered up to CP980 and currently have sitting in a gym collecting coins for me.

Fish Actuary 07-22-2016 01:07 AM

This may be useful if you're trying to hunt down something specific... https://pokevision.com/ The site allows you to enter a location and shows you the current location of pokemon around the site. This could help you to get around the problems with tracking being broken at the moment. Unfortunately, the site is down right at the moment, but according to their twitter feed, it should be up shortly...

Aeitra 07-22-2016 06:43 AM

Just did my first Lucky Egg evolution session and got ~2.3 levels out of it, from 10 to 12.3.

Now have a 765 golduck and 680 Jolteon/Flareon. They arn't the crazy high numbers I see in the gyms, but I think I now have a chance at beating lower level gyms.

Whiskey 07-22-2016 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ao fan (Post 8619305)
oooooooooooh, jynx is the one that the person named "kardasian". jynx is cool!!!!

:lol: that makes sense

dinosaur 07-22-2016 08:40 AM

my nearby list has a silhouette that resembles Bart Simpson (i.e. it's one i haven't seen or caught yet).

therealsylvos 07-22-2016 08:58 AM

Probably Gengar

sam10gle 07-22-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Childish Gambino (Post 8619174)
Picked up WigglyTuff, Jynx (yuck), and Sandshrew tonight.

Kind of annoyed at getting a CP28 WigglyTuff when I don't even have JigglyPuff yet.

Caught a CP18 Raticate last night... I was not amused.

BernieSanders2016 07-22-2016 10:54 AM

Should I update the OP and put a bunch of game info in it? If so, what do you guys think would be best to add?

actuarialyle 07-22-2016 11:04 AM

Just an FYI, I've seen the maximum number of evolutions that can be fit inside of a lucky egg is anywhere from 63-68 depending on your menu speed.

For those who want to make the most out of them. IMO they aren't like tons of cash or anything (I don't think I've paid for one yet), but for the cheap actuaries, there's the guideline for ya.

I also make sure to pop them right before my eggs hatch for extra xp

I'm level 21.5 but i'm finding less and less motivation to go out and power level. now i just flip it on when im in new places and have fun knowing i have everything but max potions unlocked (i don't use potions really).

more of like a "hey I'm here and never have been here, let's catch one or two new ones" then i'll flip it off

Childish Gambino 07-22-2016 11:39 AM

got seel :clap: