View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 06:18 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1695814 View Post
I get "Enter Parameter Value" pop up boxes when I run this query:

The box notes "CtPrev" & then "CtCurr". I imagine it's the bolded above that's causing it. I don't previously have a variable called "CtPrev" nor "CtCurr". Do those need to be initialized/formatted/somethinged?

What I'm trying to do here is, merge/join records from the previous & current valuation files. For those policies where "[BASE]" is equal to one, that means the Count s/b equal to one. Otherwise, it should be zero.

I imagine I just don't have the syntax correct.
Yes. Access is saying I don't know what CtPrev is. It is expecting an expression where you typed CtPrev = 1, so it said "aha a boolean! what is CtPrev?", even though you thought you were giving it an assignment statement.

It look like you want a summary on all matches where old.policyno = new.policyno, grouping by the old.type, new.type, old.co, new.co, old.lob, new.lob. For each grouping you want the total of the old.premium and new.premium and two "new" variables. One is the count of (old.base =1), the other is the count of (new.base = 1).

Meshuga's answer is right. the AS syntax is where you are giving the new column a name. Note that the name is just a display feature within this query (if it were nested, then you could use the name in a higher level). Personally, I would change the two lines above to read AS SumPrevPremium AS SumCurrPremium instead of SumPremium, SumPremium1.

Page generated in 0.17051 seconds with 9 queries