Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Diversions
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 04-29-2020, 02:43 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Student View Post
Ugh, IWS and YT were the only two to vote Nein for the last govt that passed an L policy.

Based on voting records only, I'd like to fail this election. Convince me I'm wrong...
That does seem a little "convenient", although I'm not sure what it's convenient for...

I don't have any real problem with this government.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:52 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetripper View Post
WW voted down his own government. While that makes a lot os sense sometimes, it Looks suspicious this early.
I voted no on her government as well and her argument about not being in control sounds reasonable to me so I'm not sure how much I agree that it is all that suspicious.

I don't understand why you and DW chose to vote yes on the 2nd government, and even worse I find it strange that you voted no on my government. Other than that, I don't have a good read on you or IWS (like always) so I'm not saying I won't vote yes, but I am curious to know what WW is thinking. Honestly, I'm curious what she would do even if we did pass this government.

While there is a chance P&Q was actually dealt LLL and is claiming FLL to screw with card count, the probabilities are so low I am pretty much discounting it. That leaves us with a range of cards for this next government from 4L, 7F to 2L, 9F. That makes failing multiple governments a risky bet. But it also means we have has high as a 50% chance of having FFF dealt. Even in the case soy is L and was telling the truth, we have a 72% chance of getting at least 2 FFs in this next deal so I there is a good chance the next President gets to investigate someone, especially if he is F.
Usually while I'm reading, I'm actually thinking about...midgets riding toy horses - Roto

Old 04-29-2020, 02:54 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetripper View Post
At least 2 Fascist voted for the last government. Since I know I’m Liberal at least 3 Fascist liked the last government. A liberal policy early for a Fascist is a good way to get crediblity.
F's also sometimes vote for an L-L govt if it looks obvious it will pass. There was no reason to expect the PQ-Ken govt to fail as there was no info on either.

Which reminds me - did you or IWS ever explain your N vote for the previous govt? We got the result so fast, there wasn't much talk of the vote.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:59 PM
ASPPA COPA

Studying for Nothing.
Favorite beer: Massive Quantities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I voted no on her government as well and her argument about not being in control sounds reasonable to me so I'm not sure how much I agree that it is all that suspicious.

I don't understand why you and DW chose to vote yes on the 2nd government, and even worse I find it strange that you voted no on my government. Other than that, I don't have a good read on you or IWS (like always) so I'm not saying I won't vote yes, but I am curious to know what WW is thinking. Honestly, I'm curious what she would do even if we did pass this government.

While there is a chance P&Q was actually dealt LLL and is claiming FLL to screw with card count, the probabilities are so low I am pretty much discounting it. That leaves us with a range of cards for this next government from 4L, 7F to 2L, 9F. That makes failing multiple governments a risky bet. But it also means we have has high as a 50% chance of having FFF dealt. Even in the case soy is L and was telling the truth, we have a 72% chance of getting at least 2 FFs in this next deal so I there is a good chance the next President gets to investigate someone, especially if he is F.
From your perspective I understand that. Not as much from WW.

Possibility on last Gov
PQ L telling truth on deal and pass. No info on Ken
PQ H passed FL to F Ken; Ken claimed LL.
PQ F got FLL or LLL and passed LL to very likely Liberal Ken

I’m not sure which is most probable but these are the outcomes I see as most probable. I guess there are other possibilities but these seem most likely given L policy.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:00 PM
Non-Actuary

Quote:
F's also sometimes vote for an L-L govt if it looks obvious it will pass. There was no reason to expect the PQ-Ken govt to fail as there was no info on either.

I didn't think we were likely to get much useful information out of the last government. Almost certainly an L policy would get passed bc anything else would bring too much suspicion at this point. The only partially useful info is cards dealt/passed.
Quote:
Which reminds me - did you or IWS ever explain your N vote for the previous govt? We got the result so fast, there wasn't much talk of the vote.
Usually while I'm reading, I'm actually thinking about...midgets riding toy horses - Roto

Old 04-29-2020, 03:00 PM
Non-Actuary

College: I don't need no . . . education

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWickedSmaht View Post
I nominate YT for chancellor
Noted. Please PM me your votes if you've not already done so.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:01 PM
ASPPA COPA

Studying for Nothing.
Favorite beer: Massive Quantities

Quote:

I feel SS was most likely L. Had PQ nominated DW or me YT, I would have voted Ja.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:24 PM
SOA

Quote:
Well if Soy is fascist (up in the air but I'm leaning towards it), and wanted to skip to PQ or myself for president, then it was obviously PQ since I am liberal.

Also I felt comfortable being in the "do or die" govt had PQ's govt failed.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:25 PM
SOA

Old 04-29-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peas and Queues View Post
I received FLL and passed LL.

I thought about passing FL for info on Kenny, but I didn't want to be 2 F policies in the hole, and I've always been critical of liberals who take that risk.
Always Mr. or Ms. Alt?!?