Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 6-8
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Not looking for a job? Tell us about your ideal job,
and we'll only contact you when it opens up.
https://www.dwsimpson.com/register

Old 03-07-2018, 05:42 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by arto83 View Post
Review, restrict editing, uncheck highlight. Doesn't actually change anything, just makes it easier visually while typing.
I would not take the risk.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:45 PM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxl886 View Post
I would not take the risk.

i'm guessing the yellow is just in there for you to know where you're allowed to edit and where it is locked, but i would put the yellow back in before submitting just in case.
Spoiler:
Old 03-07-2018, 06:12 PM
SOA

College: Brooklyn College Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post

i'm guessing the yellow is just in there for you to know where you're allowed to edit and where it is locked, but i would put the yellow back in before submitting just in case.
absolutely. I put it back every time i save.
Just makes it easier for me to read through.

Chuck Norris...
...is allowed to talk about Fight Club.
...lost both his legs in a car accident....and still managed to walk it off.
...understands the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
...really DOES find gold when he picks his nose.
...is a stunt double for Optimus Prime.
...can dribble a football.
...can sneeze with his eyes open.
...CAN lick his elbow.
...can judge a book by its cover.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:23 AM
SOA

It's been 8 days since I submitted and still no result, the longest wait since before the Feb 20th deadline. I'm getting paranoid that there's something wrong with my FA...
Old 03-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Non-Actuary

Studying for ERM
College: FSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
It's been 8 days since I submitted and still no result, the longest wait since before the Feb 20th deadline. I'm getting paranoid that there's something wrong with my FA...
May just be slowing down the grading. They had promised to get everyone who submitted by 2/20. We are approaching a time when a lot of people take vacations or get busy with quarter end stuff.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:26 PM
SOA

Thanks gcact, logically I know everything should be fine. Just freaking out a little since people on the FA grading spreadsheet who submitted after me received their results yesterday or the day before.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:06 PM
SOA

College: The Ohio State University

It appears grading has come to a grinding halt.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:26 PM
SOA

why can't grading timing be (at least for IA and FA) definite? it just seems so unfair how some people get lucky and get grades in less than a week while others wait up to over seven weeks...
Old 03-13-2018, 12:47 PM
SOA AAA

Favorite beer: Great Lakes Christmas Ale

Because if someone's paper were graded in one day and then not released until 6 weeks and 6 days later at the exact 7 week mark, people would complain more than they do now about grading.

"Why is the SOA holding onto papers that are already graded? They're trying to slow us down so we have to pay for an extension on the modules"
Old 03-13-2018, 01:06 PM
SOA

Studying for LAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro22ko View Post
why can't grading timing be (at least for IA and FA) definite? it just seems so unfair how some people get lucky and get grades in less than a week while others wait up to over seven weeks...
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrbear View Post
Because if someone's paper were graded in one day and then not released until 6 weeks and 6 days later at the exact 7 week mark, people would complain more than they do now about grading.

"Why is the SOA holding onto papers that are already graded? They're trying to slow us down so we have to pay for an extension on the modules"
That is a valid point, but I don't think it would be such a big issue. People would be unhappy at first of course, but I think they would get used to it and ultimately be better off. The exams have set grade release dates and people don't really complain.

I think the issue for me is not so much any sort of jealousy over those who get quick grade turnarounds - it's about the constant anxiety of waiting on results. Sure, waiting on exam grades is difficult, but at least you can go about your daily life without stressing. It took me a long time to get through the modules and now that I don't have to check my email constantly I feel like my life and sanity was finally handed back to me.

What about a system like the ASA list? Graders could continue to work at their own pace, but results would only be released once a month. I'd be interested to hear a graders perspective on this or other alternate systems at some point.

Tags
elearn useless, fa results, i am in - add exams, posthumous asa, the fa gives me gas, ur fees paid 4 my caviar, you gon elearn today boy