Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 05-11-2020, 02:08 PM
CAS

I purchased MHW a couple months ago and found it decidedly meh. The big monster fights are a lot of fun but most of it is pretty grindy. Definitely not a game you get for the story. Also if you decide to play note that the weapons are nothing alike so try a couple out to suit how you play. I originally tried the katana, which I assumed would be a fast weapon but instead it's about 3 times your size so it's like your character is swinging an entire tree. The dual blades swing rapidly so you can repeatedly hit and dodge away, fits my play style far better.

Can't comment on the other 2 games. I plan to pick up Fallout 4 next time it's on sale on Steam.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:18 PM

Anyone still playing Destiny 2? Upgrade dlc to get Forsaken and Shadowkeep was cheap. I enjoyed the game play and thought more story missions would be fun.

WTF happened to this game? The Tower has loading screens/stop points? I need an item to feed a gun into a gun? Once they gained control, did Bungie F2P the crap out of this?
Old 05-11-2020, 04:10 PM
CAS

Studying for Freedom

Taking a break from current gen gaming and going back to JRPG classics: playing Chrono Trigger on my PSP. So far the story seems very interesting and I appreciate the fact that there's no random encounter (which is amazing for a 1995 game).

ACAS 7 8 9
Old 05-11-2020, 08:10 PM
SOA AAA

Studying for Nothing ever again!
Favorite beer: Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Depends what you want. Fallout 4 is another big, open world game, but not as good as HZD. Battlefield 1 is a reasonable length game. I'm not convinced that MHW has an end.
Haven't played Battlefield or the other one. Fallout 4 can be a lot of fun if you mostly ignore the quests and just go exploring. Last time I played I got to level 102 and had done a handful of side-quests and some of the DLC stuff. Pretty much only as much of the main quest as was required to start the DLCs. IIRC, that's really only a handful to get you Nick Valentine available as a companion. I think the rest are level triggered, but I could be wrong. It's been a while.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:11 PM
SOA AAA

Just started playing HZD this morning. I love that game.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:36 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
The Tower has loading screens/stop points?
It always had this. Even D1, the Tower had stop points. Usually, its seemless, but sometimes its not.

Quote:
I need an item to feed a gun into a gun?
Oh, you're talking about the upgrade module.

That is just the planetary materials + upgrade module that you used to use to infuse. They made the sytem a bit cheaper.

Last edited by whisper; 05-11-2020 at 08:54 PM..
Old 05-12-2020, 02:29 PM
It's a funny name.

I've made myself a decent little routine with this WFH. On my lunch hour, I'm doing a P90X3 video and then playing a couple games of Rocket League. Having a pretty solid season, improving on my ranks.. Currently at:

3's - Gold 2, div 1
2's - Gold 1, div 4
1's - Silver 1, div 2
Rumble - Plat 1, div 2
Hoops - Gold 3, div 3 (I'm really bad at this, I got some lucky placement matches)

Today, I finished my grind in Rumble from Gold 2, div 4 all the way back to Plat to close out the 10th win and unlock platinum rewards for this season. Pretty satisfied with that, and the rest of this season is just for good times, and trying to get better at my mechanics... oh, and unlocking painted items in the Rocket Pass (currently at tier 88)
Old 05-12-2020, 07:09 PM

Been playing Rocket League at least a couple nights a week. Low diamond in most playlists, and high platinum in the couple I'm not at diamond. Sniffing champ in Snowday. Always up for a game.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:09 PM
CAS

Studying for Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Lake View Post
Just started playing HZD this morning. I love that game.
New Game+?

ACAS 7 8 9
Old 05-12-2020, 08:12 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblade View Post
New Game+?
Not at the moment. My spousal unit wants to run around and kill things, but doesn't actually want to play through the story. So I'm starting from scratch under his profile, and will play it through to get him the best weapons and gear. Then I'll start NG+ under his profile and turn him lose to go explore and be the mighty hunter.

From prior plays, NG+ is okay. You get another level of gear, but IIRC none of the machines get any tougher. So I would recommend upping the difficulty level on it.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one