Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Fill in a brief DW Simpson Registration Form
to be contacted when new jobs meet your criteria.

Old 05-13-2020, 12:16 AM
CAS

Studying for Prostate exam
College: Hard Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Lake View Post
Not at the moment. My spousal unit wants to run around and kill things, but doesn't actually want to play through the story. So I'm starting from scratch under his profile, and will play it through to get him the best weapons and gear. Then I'll start NG+ under his profile and turn him lose to go explore and be the mighty hunter.

From prior plays, NG+ is okay. You get another level of gear, but IIRC none of the machines get any tougher. So I would recommend upping the difficulty level on it.
Makes sense since that shield Weaver armor is damn near a cheat code it's so powerful.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
It always had this. Even D1, the Tower had stop points. Usually, its seemless, but sometimes its not.

Oh, you're talking about the upgrade module.

That is just the planetary materials + upgrade module that you used to use to infuse. They made the sytem a bit cheaper.
Obviously, I didn't remember the break point. Concern squelched.

I'm a bit confused on your second comment. I have a 750 Auto Rifle I liked from Year 1. I went and got my clan rewards (because they still play and didn't kick me after a year) and got a 756 Auto Rifle. I wanted to make my 750 Auto Rifle a 756 Auto Rifle and I couldn't without an "Upgrade Module." I used to be able to just do it. Google told me "Upgrade Modules" are rare. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 05-13-2020, 10:42 AM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Hefewizen

I believe before Forsaken, there was a "complaint" that it was too easy to reach max level. So, with Forsaken, they changed infusion to require enhancement cores + planetary materials. The system required a lot of materials.

In Shadowkeep, they streamlined the requirements and made 1 Upgrade Module = enhancment core + planetary materials, but cheaper requirement than the old system.

The Season pass will get you enhancment cores as you level and Banshee has them for sale. Spider (Tangled Shore) sells planetary materials and enhancement cores. Banshee's bounties also reward enhancement cores.

-----------

In D1, in the original tower - occassionally you'd get stuck going down to the hangar where the Dead Orbit and Future War Cult groups were. Right by where Xur used to hang out.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
I believe before Forsaken, there was a "complaint" that it was too easy to reach max level. So, with Forsaken, they changed infusion to require enhancement cores + planetary materials. The system required a lot of materials.

In Shadowkeep, they streamlined the requirements and made 1 Upgrade Module = enhancment core + planetary materials, but cheaper requirement than the old system.

The Season pass will get you enhancment cores as you level and Banshee has them for sale. Spider (Tangled Shore) sells planetary materials and enhancement cores. Banshee's bounties also reward enhancement cores.

-----------

In D1, in the original tower - occassionally you'd get stuck going down to the hangar where the Dead Orbit and Future War Cult groups were. Right by where Xur used to hang out.
Thanks for the info! So, Year 2 made it way more difficult than Year 1. Then they made it easier in Year 3, but not as easy as Year 1. Cool.

I played D1 for about 1-2 weeks. I played through the story and never touched it again. Stuck with D2 much, much longer (almost made it to the start of Year 2, probably 10 months).
Old 05-13-2020, 07:56 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!
College: UConn
Favorite beer: Barq's or Mug, or any local Root Beer with caffeine

Anyone still playing Animal Crossing? I'm amassing a gnome army, but I've only found 3 of the 8 varieties of gnomes, so if anyone has others and is willing to let me visit your island to catalog them, let me know.

I have the all red; the blue and red; and the yellow and green.

All opinions are either my own, or made up for dramatic and/or comedic effect.

Old 05-14-2020, 04:32 PM

GTA V is free on epic games store...though it's crashing their servers right now.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:14 PM
It's a funny name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroway View Post
Anyone still playing Animal Crossing? I'm amassing a gnome army, but I've only found 3 of the 8 varieties of gnomes, so if anyone has others and is willing to let me visit your island to catalog them, let me know.

I have the all red; the blue and red; and the yellow and green.
I just downloaded this yesterday to play with my kids. I have to say, I thought it took a lot longer than it needed to before we could actually get in there together. But we're there now, and here we go. If the raccoon is to be believed, I'll have a house and a museum when I log in tomorrow.

gnomes, you say?? I guess I'll get there.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:34 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldancer911 View Post
GTA V is free on epic games store...though it's crashing their servers right now.
Also a free $10 coupon for any game $14.99 or higher

Old 05-14-2020, 07:36 PM
CAS SOA AAA

Studying for Done, bois!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
I just downloaded this yesterday to play with my kids. I have to say, I thought it took a lot longer than it needed to before we could actually get in there together. But we're there now, and here we go. If the raccoon is to be believed, I'll have a house and a museum when I log in tomorrow.

gnomes, you say?? I guess I'll get there.
Yeah, there's a lot of people who mess with their Switch clock to speed things up, because the game can be slow.

The gnomes are just one of many decorations you can get for your island, but they're what I'm focusing on now.

Old 05-18-2020, 02:23 PM
CAS

Started playing Stardew Valley Wednesday, the SO saw me playing and decided she wanted to join so she purchased a steam copy too and we've been playing co-op (I was only a day in when she decided she wanted to farm as well).

Real life is a haze now and I dream about watering crops and expanding my sprinkler system.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one