Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 09-19-2018, 03:19 PM
SOA

Favorite beer: The Meddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondlife View Post
Did nobody hear any good jokes lately?
In soviet Russia, joke hears you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMO View Post
I'll tell you straight up that I think my religion is better than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars View Post
Outside the context of my faith, I am not intolerant of you ... If anything here, you're being a bit of a bigot towards me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I thought that's what I was saying, exactly. One day I (or people like me) will be thought of exactly as you and I think of racists in the deep south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous76 View Post
I put the whole cob in my mouth and suck the kernels right off in one swift motion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
What 6-year-old boy didn't occasionally stick his junk between his legs during bathtime just to say, "Look, Mommy, I'm a girl!" as a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett Cake Pan View Post
I can see having a discussion about magic potions vs. pharmaceuticals in a chemistry class. I think that's a good idea.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:56 PM

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop. When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop. The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen doughnuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Member of Congress came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Member of Congress was very happy and left the shop. The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Members of Congress lined up waiting for a free haircut. And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:28 PM

Favorite beer: BBC Bourbon Stout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuary321 View Post
One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop. When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop. The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen doughnuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Member of Congress came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Member of Congress was very happy and left the shop. The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Members of Congress lined up waiting for a free haircut. And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.
IMO, would be much better without the last sentence and with the word "free" omitted (it would be implied). Is funnier without the explanation, and I tend to look for the punchline in the last sentence.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:47 PM
CAS

I was expecting a thank you note and a dozen bags of crap to be the punch line.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:20 PM

I don’t think that barber will stay in business long if he’s only giving one haircut a day.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:30 PM
SOA

Studying for the hell of it...
College: AASU
Favorite beer: This one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuary321 View Post

Better joke without the last line, and if you're going to try to make a statement like that you at least have to be realistic... there would have already been a long line of freeloaders standing outside long before the first politician ever got his haircut.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybubu
Dyal, if you die from COVID, you might never realize your dream of becoming an ASA!

actually, on 2nd thought, you've been proven to likely be too dumb to become an ASA anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post
that's a dumb example and really has zero to do with my thoughts on children.

met ARTS kids. they are nice kids. no talk of being aborted was mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post
I got called Karen for getting pissed at people...
Old 09-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: the one you're buying me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
I donít think that barber will stay in business long if heís only giving one haircut a day.
I want to know what he did to be subjected to performing community service.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:13 PM
Free Mason

Studying for Let me worry about blank
Favorite beer: Trappistes Rochefort 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
I want to know what he did to be subjected to performing community service.
Pole tampering.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:16 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
I donít think that barber will stay in business long if heís only giving one haircut a day.
It would be a better business model to give dozens of free haircuts each day, Mr Wizard.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:40 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
In soviet Russia, joke hears you!
In Korea only old men hear jokes.