Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson International Actuarial Jobs
Canada  Asia  Australia  Bermuda  Latin America  Europe

Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 AM
SOA

Studying for shts&ggles
Favorite beer: Ginger Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Does anyone find it odd that Tiger Woods is a bazillionaire but lives in a gated community. You'd think he has the scratch to live some place nicer where his neighbors wouldn't even be able to see his house.
he wasn't THAT rich when he moved there. i believe Shaq lives in the same development. it's about time Tiger buys his own island and moves there
Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
Just goes to show you that no matter how hot a chick is, there's some guy who's tired of putting up with her shit.
Or it shows that no matter how hot a chick is, some dudes will chase after skanks regardless
Old 11-30-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotally Tober View Post
Why would that work? I would think acting like you're passing out could it make it seem more likely that you've been drinking. Especially at that hour, on a holiday.
You and I, well, we're getting tested for alcohol. But "fading in and out of consciousness" gives the police a reason to NOT test TW. Preferential treatment.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
SOA AAA

Studying for retirement
Favorite beer: Whatever is on special

Seems like they are protecting the wife from assault charges.

There is no scenario I can envision where a car hits a hydrant hard enough to damage the car so that it traps the driver such that the windows need smashed in to get him out, yet the airbags don't deploy.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Now 20% less conceivable!
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
Seems like they are protecting the wife from assault charges.

There is no scenario I can envision where a car hits a hydrant hard enough to damage the car so that it traps the driver such that the windows need smashed in to get him out, yet the airbags don't deploy.
??? Really? You must not have much experience with airbag sensors. I was personally in a 4 car pile up where my car was near totalled and my airbag never deployed. I know several people who were in major accidents where the airbags never deployed. It's not a sure thing.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Does anyone find it odd that Tiger Woods is a bazillionaire but lives in a gated community. You'd think he has the scratch to live some place nicer where his neighbors wouldn't even be able to see his house.
He bought property on Jupiter Island (also in Fla) a few years ago and proceeded to tear it down, so perhaps he is planning on moving there eventually.

I've read he also owns property in California, Wyoming and Sweden. Possibly New York and Dubai too.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: Bell's Hopslam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
In 2001, I hit a 10-point buck dead square with my old Chevy Blazer, on the interstate, at 70 mph. $8500 damage. Airbags never deployed.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconceivable View Post
??? Really? You must not have much experience with airbag sensors. I was personally in a 4 car pile up where my car was near totalled and my airbag never deployed. I know several people who were in major accidents where the airbags never deployed. It's not a sure thing.

I was the passenger in a pretty bad (car was totalled) collision with a tree when I was younger and the airbags never deployed.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:01 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Birch

The key is to get T-boned. Then the airbags will deploy and make you wet your pants.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:18 PM
SOA

Studying for C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Yuss View Post
He bought property on Jupiter Island (also in Fla) a few years ago and proceeded to tear it down, so perhaps he is planning on moving there eventually.

I've read he also owns property in California, Wyoming and Sweden. Possibly New York and Dubai too.
Yeah, and that property is incredible. Last time I drove by it looked like the new house was close to being finished, so maybe he will be moving there soon....possibly without Elin.