Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

View Poll Results: Which tag team would win in a fight?
Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! 6 42.86%
Survivor and Apprentice 4 28.57%
Do'nt answer to quick cause once you think about it its' not so obvious. 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2010, 11:00 AM

Hey, thanks man! I started playing Atari during a commersial and totally forgot about the show. About midnight I was like man, I totally forgot about the show. I was like now I got to wait until next week to see who got fired.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:05 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Favorite beer: Early and Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickety Snake View Post
Hey, thanks man! I started playing Atari during a commersial and totally forgot about the show. About midnight I was like man, I totally forgot about the show. I was like now I got to wait until next week to see who got fired.
Shew. Disaster averted.
I think the dollar will crash irreparably by 2012.... bottom drops out of the dollar. ....Dollars are worthless, 401ks are bust, the markets are valueless...government assumes control over all industry and everything is nationalized by the end of 2012. - gomer_tree
Old 09-19-2010, 10:08 AM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

I finally got around to watching this episode. Good stuff griff. I think the problem is you put this in a Snickety Snake thread. I know you haven't been around in a while so I'll fill you in: Snickety is kind of a moran so lots of people avoid his threads. Yeah, I know you've been gone for a while so if you need me to catch you up with anything else just let me know, little buddy. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
I think the dollar will crash irreparably by 2012.... bottom drops out of the dollar. ....Dollars are worthless, 401ks are bust, the markets are valueless...government assumes control over all industry and everything is nationalized by the end of 2012. - gomer_tree
Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 PM

Do'nt worry about telling me what happened tonight cause I;m watching it. Whats' up with that show before with all the foriegners? That must be in New York or Los Angles cause both of them places got a lot of foriegners.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Quote:
Do'nt worry about telling me what happened tonight cause I;m watching it. Whats' up with that show before with all the foriegners? That must be in New York or Los Angles cause both of them places got a lot of foriegners.
Gays too. Don't forget about the gays.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:35 PM

I heard that about New York. I was like does the New york mayor know about that?
Old 09-23-2010, 10:56 PM

theres no gays in iran, fyi
Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 PM
CAS SOA Non-Actuary

Quote:
I heard that about New York. I was like does the New york mayor know about that?
Oh, I think he knows.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:18 AM

Location: This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against me.
Favorite beer: Grizzly. No, wait - polar bears.

Season 10, Episode 2: Attack of the Ice Cream Vendors

Nicole: We need a team leader. Who's got the stupidest name?
Poppy: That would be me.

James: And we need a team leader too. Who looks and acts the most like Andy Bernard?
David: That would be me.

Trump: We couldn't think of anything better this week, so you're going to sell ice cream. The best part is we're skipping the goofy "Create a New Flavor" phase where each team spends hours agonizing over what the flavor should be before the team leader finally drops a chocolate bar into a batch of vanilla and calls it "Trump's Number 2". We've got Junior back to be my ears, but Ivanka couldn't make it - something about a new batch of dalmation puppies and coats to make. I really didn't follow what she was saying. So we've took George out of the deep freezer and he's going to be my eyes.

David: We need something to bring people in. I suggest yelling at and harassing passers by. James, where's the best place to do that?
James: Gee, my goal is to fly under the radar since Trump never ever fires the guy who fails to make an impression. But if you insist I choose, go to Union Station. Now I'm going to disappear to buy shirts and hats rather than make sales on a sales task. There's no way that's going to come back to bite me.

Poppy: Stephanie, you take over.If we lose, my argument will be that I'm such a weak leader that I let someone else drive us to a loss. There's no way that's going to come back to bite me.

David: Man, James picked a bad place. We;ve barely sold anything. I know it's the location and not the fact that we're trying to sell ice cream at 9 in the morning. Hey! You! get over here an by some ice cream before I run you over with this cart!

Poppy: Oh no! The men are already out here selling ice cream! They probably have a ton of sales already.
Some Man: How much is the ice cream?
Liza: Six dollars. No, five dollars. No, three dollars.
Some man. I'll take one.
Stephanie: That will be five dollars please.
Some Man: She said three dollars.
Stephanie: She's full of Trump's Number Two.
Some Man: You'll be surprised I've decided to I don't need ice cream.

Anand: Hey lady! Want to buy some ice cream? Hey, don't walk away from me!
Steuart: Hey some other lady! Buy some of this ice cream! Hey! I'm going to follow you to your home if you don't buy!
James: Yeah, I'm not really sure that "stalker" is the best sales technique. But what do I know, I'm not into sales.
Alex: Want some ice cream? No? Okay, I'll slink away.
David: Come on come on come on. Guys we have got to sell more ice cream. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS DEAL!

Trump: Well, here we are. David, you think the women had an advantage? I know I sure wouldn't buy ice cream from you, I'd buy from the women. poppy, how do you feel about being marginalized like that? You'd better say you appreciate it since that's the treatment you'll get if you come work for me.
Poppy: I like it!
Trump: Who was the weakest player?
Poppy: squirm, squirm, squirm. Okay, it was Liza. Fire Liza.
Liza: You bitch!
Trump: Liza, you're fired.
Liza: What? You...
Trump: Wait for it ...
Liza: ...son...
Trump: Wait for it ...
Liza: ...of a...
Trump: Psych! I didn't say you lost yet.
Lisa: Poppy you're still a bitch anyway.
Do you think you won this task?
LIza: In order to display the confidence you appreciate, yes. Absolutely we won.
Trump: You don't know that. I've randomly decided to be offended by such a display of confidence. Gene, did you win?
Gene: 100% yeas. Absolutely.
Trump: Idiot. You guys lost.

David: We lost because James was bad at selling. Maybe it was Alex. I know, whichever one of those guys turns on the other first, I'll join in and pile on that guy too.
James: Alex was awful.
David: Alex was the worst.
Alex: I didn't want to manhandle people to gey sales. Especially since I heard that New York is full of gays. Someone might get the wrong idea.
Trump: Are you as good as these guys?
Alex: I'm kind of thinking maybe I can be as good as them.
Trump: Why do we keep getting people who've never seen the show. Alex, you're fired. Go take a nap.

Next week: A boardroom first!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:03 PM

College: How is "education" supposed to make me feel smarter?

Season 10, Episode 3: What's That Dog Doing?

Liza: Instead of "leaving it in the boardroom", I'd like to keep stirring things up.
Poppy and Brandy: Sounds like a plan!

James: Hey guys, uh, gee, do you guys think, I mean, could you guys maybe, no actually, do you guys think, maybe you could kinda sorta give me a little respect? I mean, I guess, I sorta don't want you to think I'm weak or anything. But I'd kinda like to be PM cause maybe you'd kinda think I wasn't weak that way.
David: Woo hoo! I throw this task and James the dooshbag is gone!

Trump: This week's task is youse guys are running doggie day-cares. Hey, Ivanka, is that right? There's really such a thing as a "doggie day-care"? Really? Nobody ever heard of putting up a small pen and leaving the mutt in there?
CarolynIvanka: That's right daddy-o.
Trump: Jeez. Anyway, there's some guy called "The Dog Whisperer" what's going to show up and check things out.
Tyanna: Someone catch me! I'm going to swoon!

James: What kind of value-added thing can we do?
Wade: I have dogs. Lots of dogs. And I spend money on my dogs. Lots of money. But I never had a webcam to watch my dogs.
James: David, can you set up a webcam?
David: On it boss. You can be sure I won't mess it up or nuthin'just to get you fired. But I have a question about something irrelevant.
James: Put a pin in it and we'll get back to that later.
David: F'in dooshbag.
James: I'll fire you if you keep it up.
David: Will not!
James Will too!
James Will too!
James Will too! Hey, what do you guys think of my managerial skills now?

Tyana: Who here is scared of dogs?
Mahsa: I am. I'm deathly afraid of dogs.
Tyana: Then you shall be the person to walk the large dogs. Poppy, you'll walk the medium size dogs, and Liza, you will walk the small dogs. I don't know why, but arranging the dogs by size seems like the thing to do.
Mahsa: Couldn't I work reception instead?
Tyana: No! That's my job! I am Ms. Cougar California! Rrrreeeeoooowwww!!!!
Mahsa: Geesh, what a jealous cow.

James: What are you doing, David?
David: I don't have any nails, so I'm trying to make some from paper clips. I saw McGyver do that once.
James: You're fired!
David: See you in the boardroom dude. I'm goin' drinking.

Junior: Tell me how it's going ladies.
Mahsa: Uh, what's that dog doing to the other dog?
Junior: That reminds me of a joke. The young Indian boy went up to his grandfather and asked, "Grandfather, can you tell me how Indian babies get their names?" What's that? Oh, you heard this one before?

Trump: David, tell me how it went.
David: (insert rolly eye thing) James is a dooshbag. (insert rolly eye thing)
Trump: Is that right James?
James: I had to sideline David.
David: (insert rolly eye thing) (insert spinning head thing) James is a dooshbag. (insert spinning head thing) (insert rolly eye thing)
Trump: Anything else?
David: (insert rolly eye thing) I was sweating. (insert spinning head thing) I was working. (insert spinning head thing) I was working. (insert rolly eye thing) I was sweating.
Trump: Sounds like James is a dooshbag.
David: (insert rolly eye thing) Word.
CarolynIvanka: You okay David?
David: (insert smiley thing having a grand mal seizure)
Trump: Okay, you guys lost. Ladies leave. James, who are you keeping? David and ... ?
James: Wade.
Wade: Oh no you di-n't!
James: It's cool, I'm targeting David.
Trump: Moot point, since I'm keeping David for just one more week. James, you're fired.
Wade: And don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Trump: Word.

Next week: A boardroom first!