Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Exam PA: Predictive Analytics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #681  
Old 08-29-2019, 03:57 PM
kimjongfun kimjongfun is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 886
Default

I'd rather the SOA just randomly release the exam on whatever day they have them finished. We would have to guess when that would be but the fact that they likely had the grades 6 weeks ago and we just now get them tomorrow is infinitely annoying. Especially if you fail
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 08-29-2019, 06:23 PM
Yossarian Yossarian is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 141
Default

One day more
Another day, another destiny
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 08-29-2019, 07:17 PM
noone noone is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimjongfun View Post
I'd rather the SOA just randomly release the exam on whatever day they have them finished. We would have to guess when that would be but the fact that they likely had the grades 6 weeks ago and we just now get them tomorrow is infinitely annoying. Especially if you fail
I donít think they have had them for six weeks. They may have been graded 6 weeks ago but then they still have to set the pass mark. Itís a lot of work and they take it serious. Getting it right is more important than getting it done quickly. Plus, the long wait weeds out some candidates. If everything was instant or near instant results the travel time would be significantly reduced. Canít have that.
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 08-29-2019, 08:21 PM
ActuariallyDecentAtBest ActuariallyDecentAtBest is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone View Post
I donít think they have had them for six weeks. They may have been graded 6 weeks ago but then they still have to set the pass mark. Itís a lot of work and they take it serious. Getting it right is more important than getting it done quickly. Plus, the long wait weeds out some candidates. If everything was instant or near instant results the travel time would be significantly reduced. Canít have that.
He's not advocating for instant results here. It would be nice if they could grade these in a shorter amount of time. I know that's a lot to ask for, but a 10 week wait is way too long. Guess I'll have to get used to that when I take FSA exams someday.
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 08-29-2019, 08:58 PM
windhunter windhunter is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
College: Ohio Wesleyan University
Posts: 46
Default

Preparing for the worst to come, see you guys in December
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 08-29-2019, 09:15 PM
noone noone is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuariallyDecentAtBest View Post
He's not advocating for instant results here. It would be nice if they could grade these in a shorter amount of time. I know that's a lot to ask for, but a 10 week wait is way too long. Guess I'll have to get used to that when I take FSA exams someday.
What do you think is reasonable? Keep in mind that graders are all volunteers with jobs and a life of their own.
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 08-30-2019, 01:31 AM
kimjongfun kimjongfun is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 886
Default

Dont they all get together to grade the exams one weekend like a month after the exam?
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 08-30-2019, 07:08 AM
Josh Peck Josh Peck is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
College: Towson University
Posts: 99
Default

Is your candidate number the same as your order number?

Or if not does anyone know how to see what your candidate number is on your phone? I'm at the airport today and dont have access to a computer.
__________________
P FM MFE C PA
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 08-30-2019, 07:15 AM
LMDizzy LMDizzy is offline
SOA
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Peck View Post
Is your candidate number the same as your order number?

Or if not does anyone know how to see what your candidate number is on your phone? I'm at the airport today and dont have access to a computer.
You should log into your SOA account, view your previous orders, and click on the order number of your PA exam (will be $0.00 if it is your first attempt).

In there you will find your candidate ID.
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 08-30-2019, 07:18 AM
Josh Peck Josh Peck is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
College: Towson University
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMDizzy View Post
You should log into your SOA account, view your previous orders, and click on the order number of your PA exam (will be $0.00 if it is your first attempt).

In there you will find your candidate ID.
It's only showing order number on my phone
__________________
P FM MFE C PA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.33603 seconds with 12 queries