Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA/CAS Preliminary Exams > Exam PA: Predictive Analytics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 08-29-2019, 03:57 PM
SOA

I'd rather the SOA just randomly release the exam on whatever day they have them finished. We would have to guess when that would be but the fact that they likely had the grades 6 weeks ago and we just now get them tomorrow is infinitely annoying. Especially if you fail
Old 08-29-2019, 06:23 PM
SOA

One day more
Another day, another destiny
Old 08-29-2019, 07:17 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimjongfun View Post
I'd rather the SOA just randomly release the exam on whatever day they have them finished. We would have to guess when that would be but the fact that they likely had the grades 6 weeks ago and we just now get them tomorrow is infinitely annoying. Especially if you fail
I donít think they have had them for six weeks. They may have been graded 6 weeks ago but then they still have to set the pass mark. Itís a lot of work and they take it serious. Getting it right is more important than getting it done quickly. Plus, the long wait weeds out some candidates. If everything was instant or near instant results the travel time would be significantly reduced. Canít have that.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:21 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone View Post
I donít think they have had them for six weeks. They may have been graded 6 weeks ago but then they still have to set the pass mark. Itís a lot of work and they take it serious. Getting it right is more important than getting it done quickly. Plus, the long wait weeds out some candidates. If everything was instant or near instant results the travel time would be significantly reduced. Canít have that.
He's not advocating for instant results here. It would be nice if they could grade these in a shorter amount of time. I know that's a lot to ask for, but a 10 week wait is way too long. Guess I'll have to get used to that when I take FSA exams someday.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:58 PM
SOA

College: Ohio Wesleyan University

Preparing for the worst to come, see you guys in December
Old 08-29-2019, 09:15 PM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuariallyDecentAtBest View Post
He's not advocating for instant results here. It would be nice if they could grade these in a shorter amount of time. I know that's a lot to ask for, but a 10 week wait is way too long. Guess I'll have to get used to that when I take FSA exams someday.
What do you think is reasonable? Keep in mind that graders are all volunteers with jobs and a life of their own.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:31 AM
SOA

Dont they all get together to grade the exams one weekend like a month after the exam?
Old 08-30-2019, 07:08 AM
SOA

College: Towson University

Is your candidate number the same as your order number?

Or if not does anyone know how to see what your candidate number is on your phone? I'm at the airport today and dont have access to a computer.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:15 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Peck View Post
Is your candidate number the same as your order number?

Or if not does anyone know how to see what your candidate number is on your phone? I'm at the airport today and dont have access to a computer.
You should log into your SOA account, view your previous orders, and click on the order number of your PA exam (will be $0.00 if it is your first attempt).

In there you will find your candidate ID.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:18 AM
SOA

College: Towson University

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMDizzy View Post
You should log into your SOA account, view your previous orders, and click on the order number of your PA exam (will be $0.00 if it is your first attempt).

In there you will find your candidate ID.
It's only showing order number on my phone