Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Non-Actuarial Topics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

DW Simpson International Actuarial Jobs
Canada  Asia  Australia  Bermuda  Latin America  Europe

Old 06-04-2020, 11:31 AM

Studying for EA-2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
the grio link only showed few seconds (without having to log in into an Instagram account) and the 'socialite' literally says "she's playing the Black card" to the police dispatcher on the phone. the fact a high class 'socialite' would even utter those words given what's going on in the world and the context is ridiculous. I understand she's pregnant but that's really pathetic and out of touch. unlike the actuary, she gives off a vibe she doesn't know better.

anyway, this link shows 3 minutes, 42 seconds. I'd recommend watching it. t seems to show the socialite walking several yards from her stoller over to the black lady filming her. her husband is walking by and doesn't even get involved in the affair. then socialite is looking for police and seems to summon the filmer to come join her in hopes she get arrested. just bizarre over-priviledged behavior who doesn't want to see Black people in her presence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-children.html
I already logged into an instagram account and was basing my take on the entire video. If the black woman was smoking pot and got in her face to yell at her for asking her to stop smoking pot, she was in the wrong.

Doesnt mean white chick should antagonize further by calling the cops right in front of the woman and thus escalate things further, but there is more wrong from both sides in this one than the actuary one where just leash your damn dog.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ao fan; 06-04-2020 at 11:34 AM..
Old 06-04-2020, 12:27 PM
Weremember
SOA AAA

Studying for the Battle of the Bands
Favorite beer: Presidente

Karen got the dog back.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraskull
Turns out, annuitize IS DB. Directed by M Night Shyamalan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by limabeanactuary
I realized WIS was his dump stat a while back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShebaPoe
Ideologues should be kept far away from power. Starbucks is a good place for them to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonlnear View Post
There's no such thing as an overqualified barista. You need somebody who can not only make drinks and run a register, but also engage customers who might have questions about the genderqueer or Hegelian subtext of the latest pretending-to-not-be-from-a-big-label album being hawked on their counter.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:31 PM
CAS AAA

Favorite beer: Beer-Sheva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
Glad the dog is healthy. Even though it's been several days since Memorial Day it's still nice to honor the service that veterinarians have done for our country.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:30 PM

Studying for EA-2L

I think the 2nd one basically boils down to people need to stop being dicks to each other. neither one of those women come off well. i'm assuming with the rioting and looting in ny now, the cops have more important issues to attend to than their stupid squabble.
Spoiler:
Old 06-04-2020, 01:56 PM
CAS Non-Actuary

College: Ball State Alumni
Favorite beer: Root or Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post
people need to stop being dicks to each other
That would be awesome
Old 06-04-2020, 02:10 PM
SOA AAA

Favorite beer: Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao fan View Post
I think the 2nd one basically boils down to people need to stop being dicks to each other. neither one of those women come off well. i'm assuming with the rioting and looting in ny now, the cops have more important issues to attend to than their stupid squabble.
Yeah, people have to work things out with each other without calling in the police.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:12 PM

Studying for EA-2L

I commented on the Instagram account of that black chick to say she wasn't entirely right. I WAS SO BLOCKED! she just wants people to agree with her.

no wonder the only posts on there were in support of her. at least the central park dude allowed people to question both sides of it on his public post. I give him credit for that.
Spoiler:
Old 06-04-2020, 02:14 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooke View Post
Yeah, people have to work things out with each other without calling in the police.
In these cases, The Police = The Manager.

"45 es un titere" -- Seal of The President of The United States of America protest art

“That is reminiscent of Harry Truman’s famous saying, ‘The buck stops, uh, somewhere over there, maybe?' That is a level of dodging responsibility that Trump has been perfecting ever since he was very much not in Vietnam.” -- LWTwJO
Old 06-14-2020, 06:18 PM
SOA

Long article in the NYT that goes into both of their personalities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/n...mid=fb-nytimes
Old 06-14-2020, 07:11 PM
CAS

Quote:
“From what I saw, she was very devoted to her animals,” said Maria Meade, 60, who lives in a nearby building. “The only thing I’ll tell you is she never spoke directly to a person. She always spoke through her dog, and in a baby voice. It was really bizarre.”

It is not possible to determine to what extent recollections of Ms. Cooper’s behavior are now shaded by news of her encounter in Central Park. Still, some residents said they held her at arm’s length because of what they described as her combative behavior with other dog walkers and the building staff.

Another neighbor, Marisol De Leon, 40, said Ms. Cooper frequently walked Henry unleashed, and became irate when told not to. “There was a sense of entitlement,” Ms. De Leon said.

Alison Faircloth, 37, a neighbor and dog owner, recalled that last winter, she came upon Ms. Cooper on the verge of tears outside the building’s lobby. A doorman had cursed at her for no reason, Ms. Cooper told her. Ms. Cooper vowed to get the doorman fired, Ms. Faircloth said.

But when Ms. Faircloth asked the doorman what had happened, he told her that Ms. Cooper had complained about a broken elevator, then cursed at him after she barged into a security booth and had to be removed by a guard.
Extremely Karen behavior