Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 08-22-2012, 01:51 PM

Downloaded Metal Gear Solid HD Collection last night off of Games on Demand. It was $25, which is cheaper than I've seen the disc anywhere. I forgot how much I enjoyed these games (even though MGS1 is the best). This will definitely hold me over until Aug 28 and Madden release.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Awe View Post
Why is that funny?
It's funny because in the storyline guys like Sub-Zero and Scorpion managed to beat Superman.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 764dak View Post
It's funny because in the storyline guys like Sub-Zero and Scorpion managed to beat Superman.
Right, but heads were not removed.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/...ree-shipping#1

Get $12 off any pre-order game from NewEgg. Expires 8/23/2012

Code: EMCNBHJ256
I pre-ordered XCOM: Enemy Unknown with this. I have never gotten into RTS or Turn-Based Tactical games, but this looks so good I had to get it. My gaming future is very diverse based on what I've already pre-ordered.
Madden (Sports 8/28)
Resident Evil 6 (Co-Op Modern Day Survival Horror 10/2)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Tactical 10/9)
South Park: Stick of Truth (Turn-based RPG March 2013)
Old 08-23-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I pre-ordered XCOM: Enemy Unknown with this. I have never gotten into RTS or Turn-Based Tactical games, but this looks so good I had to get it. My gaming future is very diverse based on what I've already pre-ordered.
Madden (Sports 8/28)
Resident Evil 6 (Co-Op Modern Day Survival Horror 10/2)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Tactical 10/9)
South Park: Stick of Truth (Turn-based RPG March 2013)
I still have a lot of concerns about RE6. I hope it's good but I'm skeptical.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:41 AM
CAS

i'm fairly new to modern pc gaming. how does game play for the resident evil games compare to something like left 4 dead or dead island?
Old 08-23-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
i'm fairly new to modern pc gaming. how does game play for the resident evil games compare to something like left 4 dead or dead island?
It depends on which RE game we are talking about. The older ones were much slower but the newer ones have been more action oriented and have started to play more similar to fast paced action games. From the sound of it RE6 is going to be a mix with certain areas being very action heavy and others being slower more suspenseful areas.

It is also a 3rd person view instead of the 1st person that L4D uses.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronus View Post
I still have a lot of concerns about RE6. I hope it's good but I'm skeptical.
Even if RE6 is only ok, it will be great. My wife watched me play through RE4 recently and even told me not to play without her around. When I told her RE6 was going to be two-player co-op she immediately responds, "BUY IT NOW!" So, as long as it's decent enough to play together and she can still be scared (RE4 scared her plenty), it will be worth the purchase. Plus, Capcom is actually giving you stuff like costumes based on how much you play the game, instead of charging you.

I will say, nothing scared me more in RE4 than when something grabbed at me from behind or I turned around and saw something right there and my wife screams really loud. That startled the crap out of me every time.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Even if RE6 is only ok, it will be great. My wife watched me play through RE4 recently and even told me not to play without her around. When I told her RE6 was going to be two-player co-op she immediately responds, "BUY IT NOW!" So, as long as it's decent enough to play together and she can still be scared (RE4 scared her plenty), it will be worth the purchase. Plus, Capcom is actually giving you stuff like costumes based on how much you play the game, instead of charging you.

I will say, nothing scared me more in RE4 than when something grabbed at me from behind or I turned around and saw something right there and my wife screams really loud. That startled the crap out of me every time.
RE4 is one of my all time favorite games, but RE5 was a huge let down. The part that has me worried for RE6 is that they are essentially trying to do three different storylines and three different styles of gameplay. I'm worried that they are all going to be mediocre to bad instead of doing just one well.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:37 PM
CAS

Studying for Jazz Piano
Favorite beer: Founders Dirty Bastard

I'm mainly a PC gamer who generally stocks up on all my new games during the Steam sales. I have a ton of games to play but I don't think I can resist The Dark Souls port which came out today. It would be the first game I've bought full-price in over a year. Everything I've heard about it sounds amazing.

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one