Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Actuarial Discussion Forum > Software & Technology
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Search Actuarial Jobs by State @ DWSimpson.com:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA
ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NH NJ NM NY NV NC ND
OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY

Old 05-27-2014, 12:37 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redprinceton View Post
Really digging Tomb Raider.
picked this up sometime in the last couple of months, played it a little for the first time yesterday. this is the first 3rd person game i've played.

i have great video card so i have the settings on ultra. looks great!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:16 PM
CAS

Favorite beer: Batch Brewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
100% beastiary was a little bit of a PITA, but it wasn't terribly bad for me.

The stupid slot machine trophy was the worst.
For the slot machine one, I was starting to think, "I wonder if there's some kind of rubber-band trick for this," then I realized that I don't really need trophies. So, I'll probably just clear up a few more fragments and see if I can open any more areas and call it quits.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:45 PM
SOA

I'm kind of a "must do everything" person when it comes to FF games...and last generation, that started to include trophies
Old 05-27-2014, 10:06 PM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
Wow, you've got good internet if that wasn't a typo (=200-300Mbps). I'm jealous!
I almost think Origin may have been lying to me. There are mixed reports online about fast download speed through Origin (some claim super fast speeds are legit and others think it's lying about sizes and download speeds).
Old 05-28-2014, 10:05 AM
SOA

Studying for realz
Favorite beer: Beer

I was able to procure a component, yes YPbPr component, cable for the old Super Nintendo. As the SNES has always provided native RGB out of the multivideo port this cable has a small chip inside of the the plug itself to do the RGB to component conversion. This is very similar to what Nintendo used for component-out for the Gamecube. No more svideo, composite, or RF (barf) connections to the HDTV! The picture is astounding with color and clarity that I didn't think was possible with the SNES. It really breathes new life into the old games. I'll post some pictures up later tonight when I take them.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:45 AM

I'm about to platinum FFX HD. Currently sitting at 110 hours. Beat Penance last night with Yojimbo's Zanmato. Kind of a cheap way to do it, but I didn't think my guys were strong enough to make it a fight and I really just wanted to finish up. For the platinum, all I have to do is level all my characters all the way through the sphere grid, and then beat the game. Hoping to finish this week!

Will probably do something a little more casual before starting my next big game. Maybe Kerbal Space Program?
Old 05-28-2014, 12:04 PM
SOA

Plat FFX-2, imo
Old 05-28-2014, 12:07 PM
SOA

I started Watch Dogs last night. Played through tutorial/intro mission and then through one crime mission (?), so only played about an hour or less. Didn't really suck me in, but it's still early.

Losing cops in intro mission felt pretty difficult to do. Almost had to just wait for them to make a really dumb mistake and then duck in an alley. I'm used to GTA (speeding away from them) or Sleeping Dogs (taking them out).
Old 05-28-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlschop View Post
I started Watch Dogs last night. Played through tutorial/intro mission and then through one crime mission (?), so only played about an hour or less. Didn't really suck me in, but it's still early.

Losing cops in intro mission felt pretty difficult to do. Almost had to just wait for them to make a really dumb mistake and then duck in an alley. I'm used to GTA (speeding away from them) or Sleeping Dogs (taking them out).
It was rainy yesterday, so I downloaded it too. It sounds like I probably did one more mission than you, but had similar impressions. I thought the cars were fun to speed around in... they're built like tanks.

Unrelated to Watch Dogs... I've been thinking about upgrading my graphics card (currently have a radeon 7770, I think). Do any PC gamers in here know how to test what kind of FPS I'm getting to see if it's worth the upgrade?
Old 05-28-2014, 06:03 PM
CAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
Unrelated to Watch Dogs... I've been thinking about upgrading my graphics card (currently have a radeon 7770, I think). Do any PC gamers in here know how to test what kind of FPS I'm getting to see if it's worth the upgrade?
FRAPS

http://www.howtogeek.com/183387/ask-...-while-gaming/

Tags
atari, data science, gaming pc, predictive analytics, ps3, ps4, real analysis = real men, switch, vita, wii, wii u, xbox 360, xbox one