Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Modules 1-5
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 02-05-2008, 11:55 AM

Default APC

This might be a silly question, but can anybody tell me how often they have APC sessions? Every quarter? I tried to find from SOA website but failed...
Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 PM
SOA

Here is the site (at the bottom of the page) where they will post dates/locations for APCs. I don't think there is any set dates for it and you just have to check this site periodically to see if it has been updated. It has been awhile, so I am hoping they will post some dates soon especially since a lot of people took the Dec exam and so there probably is a big demand for them right now.
http://www.soa.org/education/exams/e...ms-detail.aspx
Old 02-05-2008, 12:10 PM

The SOA site doesn't have anything currently updated. The only 2008 dates listed at the moment are for an APC already finished.

I can't help as far as how often they've traditionally been offered, but like you, I'm very interested in finding out when the next one will be. I've been tentatively accepting pretty much any meeting requests more than two weeks away just in case one is sprung on us. So it's not a silly question at all.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:21 PM
2010 Winner2011 Winner
SOA

Studying for NOTHING!

Add me to the list of people eagerly waiting......I'm very leery about making any vacation plans because we have no idea when these courses are going to pop up.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:06 PM

I sent them an email and this is what I got in response:

We are in the process of planning for the Associateship Professionalism Courses in 2008, they will be posted on the website as soon as dates and locations are confirmed. The schedule for the first half of the year; 1), Chicago (April 17-18), Los Angeles (May 27) and D.C.(July 24-25); dates and locations are subject to change until posted on the website.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meron View Post

We are in the process of planning for the Associateship Professionalism Courses in 2008, they will be posted on the website as soon as dates and locations are confirmed. The schedule for the first half of the year; 1), Chicago (April 17-18), Los Angeles (May 27) and D.C.(July 24-25); dates and locations are subject to change until posted on the website.
I usually don't get upset about this kind of stuff, but I couldn't have been unluckier if this ends up being the schedule (and they don't have one before mid-April.) No one's fault... just very unlucky. Hopefully I can make the July one...
Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
2010 Winner2011 Winner
SOA

Studying for NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meron View Post

Thanks meron! If those do indeed end up being the dates, I think that will work out quite nicely!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
I usually don't get upset about this kind of stuff, but I couldn't have been unluckier if this ends up being the schedule (and they don't have one before mid-April.) No one's fault... just very unlucky. Hopefully I can make the July one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneGirl View Post
Thanks meron! If those do indeed end up being the dates, I think that will work out quite nicely!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
2010 Winner2011 Winner
SOA

Studying for NOTHING!

Quote:
I guess I should have said "those will work out quite nicely for my schedule". I didn't mean "those will work out quite nicely because Bison won't be there".
Old 02-05-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
How could you want one before mid-April, but not be sure if you can make the July one?

Tags
apc