Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > Fellowship Modules > Financial Economics
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 11-06-2019, 08:50 PM
SOA

That makes sense to me! In terms of expense allowance, is the 200% expense allowance apply to just the ceded premiums? I would like it is 200% of the expense and commission.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:56 AM
SOA

yeah, that's explained in the prompt.

can anyone confirm that they also experienced a drop in profit metrics for the reinsurance scenario? and that the additional calc on the email tab does not help explain it?
Old 11-12-2019, 02:15 PM

ya i didn't find that calc to help me much.

only confused me unless you adjust the calculation to be a present value rather than a straight sum, which shows that only something like 46% of expenses are covered (which aligns with reduced profitability which i'm seeing as well).
Old 01-10-2020, 11:09 AM
SOA AAA

Did folks cede off premium tax? Just wondering if that would be considered as part of the expenses?
Old 03-31-2020, 06:33 PM
SOA

College: Temple University

Is anyone working on this in March 2020? The spreadsheet for task 3 mentions the "Email Calcs" tab on the Instructions tab where it lists each tab, but the "Email Calcs" tab doesn't actually exist in the file itself. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there something missing from the file that we're supposed to use in our email?
FAC
Old 04-14-2020, 11:33 AM
SOA AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by apirri17 View Post
Is anyone working on this in March 2020? The spreadsheet for task 3 mentions the "Email Calcs" tab on the Instructions tab where it lists each tab, but the "Email Calcs" tab doesn't actually exist in the file itself. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there something missing from the file that we're supposed to use in our email?
If you started this before February 14th, I'd recommend to download all of your information again. The workbooks changed on this date and there are calculations that are different now (email tab is no longer in the workbook as well). I found this out the hard way by submitting and reviewing against the new solution. You will get different answers!!!