Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Diversions
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 01-26-2020, 12:18 AM
SOA AAA

Whatever you choose - you should probably wait till Monday to do it, just to make sure everyone has a chance to have their say.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:20 AM
ASPPA COPA

Studying for Nothing.
Favorite beer: Massive Quantities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
MA is dirty, but probably not Hitler because of the conflict created with me. Itís a 1/3 chance which is double the 1/6 chance (from my perspective).

If you pass him an LF, he will have to do he F in order to not lose the game. At that point you will know MA is dirty and you can shoot him.

Of course if you get LL at this point pass the LL and the game is over.

If this election does not result in a Liberal victory, then I believe the next three players up for president are dirty (unless you shoot one). If you shoot MA then you know Iím a Liberal and I would be the third president up for election.

I really think the Libs are WW-NA-soy-DW.

So yeah, I see the merit in MA for chancellor. It would be nice to see him shot for framing me. I know Iím Liberal, but I also know it would take all 4 libs to pass the election.
If MA turns out to be dirty it would be better go hitler hunting. I donít like that Iím in NAs cross hairs if we donít get L policy but Iím not sure what I can do to convince her Iím not Hitler. So I hope her chancellor is liberal and she doesnít get FFF.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:49 AM
Weremember
SOA AAA

Studying for the Battle of the Bands
Favorite beer: Presidente

I'm obviously going to suggest me as Chancellor, which will win the game (for the Liberals) unless NA is dealt FFF.

I'm still worried about maaa being Hitler.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraskull
Turns out, annuitize IS DB. Directed by M Night Shyamalan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by limabeanactuary
I realized WIS was his dump stat a while back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShebaPoe
Ideologues should be kept far away from power. Starbucks is a good place for them to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonlnear View Post
There's no such thing as an overqualified barista. You need somebody who can not only make drinks and run a register, but also engage customers who might have questions about the genderqueer or Hegelian subtext of the latest pretending-to-not-be-from-a-big-label album being hawked on their counter.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetripper View Post
If MA turns out to be dirty it would be better go hitler hunting. I donít like that Iím in NAs cross hairs if we donít get L policy but Iím not sure what I can do to convince her Iím not Hitler. So I hope her chancellor is liberal and she doesnít get FFF.
Hitler hunting is suboptimal when you are one L policy away from victory. Miss and hit a Liberal and it causes problems with 3 L out of 6 players. At that point all elections may fail.

Take out the Fascist, and itís 4 L vs 1 F and 1 H. Plus you have confirmation who a F was and you still have another bullet if necessary. Thatís when you can hunt Hitler. At worst if you kill a Liberal itís still 3 L vs 1 F and 1 H.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:47 AM
SOA

Nominate me and we win as long as you get one L, so I’m all for it.

And if I’m lying, shoot me, Vote down IPD and YT, and let Doctor Who choose the winner.

Libs win whether you trust me or not this way.

Just don’t shoot me if you get FFF since we need all 4 votes here at the end.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:27 AM
SOA

But if you’re worried about my conflict with DW, I agree that WW would be a good chancellor and would vote Ja for that government
Old 01-26-2020, 02:31 AM
SOA

Oh looks like we had some Saturday night fun.

I'm gonna throw this out there. Why don't we just let the deck decide from here on out?

WW claimed FFF. Soy claimed FFL. If they are telling the truth, that gives us an 80% chance at winning by just failing every vote and drawing from the deck. WW and Soy seem pretty high on people's trustworthy ratings. Why not give it a whirl?
Old 01-26-2020, 10:19 AM
SOA

Studying for a hobby.
Favorite beer: Guinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPrettyDumb View Post
Oh looks like we had some Saturday night fun.

I'm gonna throw this out there. Why don't we just let the deck decide from here on out?

WW claimed FFF. Soy claimed FFL. If they are telling the truth, that gives us an 80% chance at winning by just failing every vote and drawing from the deck. WW and Soy seem pretty high on people's trustworthy ratings. Why not give it a whirl?
If they are telling the truth.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:28 AM
SOA

Better yet, let's draw the next two policies from the deck. That means skipping NA, IPD, YT, MA, DW, Soy. If we get two Fs, then we skip WW go back to NA, and she can force feed her chancellor two Ls from the deck, or the very least give one L to her chancellor.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:31 AM
SOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyleche View Post
I certainly don't trust IPD, but I think she's* unlikely to be Hitler with the way she's been playing.

I agree with your assessment of maaa not being Hitler. Still wouldn't be my top choice for chancellor.

I've been suspicious of DW for a while.

So - I'd go with either WW or yt, with a heavy weighting towards WW.

*sorry if I am mistaken - a part of me remembers that IPD is female, so I'm going with it.
I'm not bothered but it is he. VA I think one game a while back kept calling me she for whatever reason and I guess it left an impression lol