Actuarial Outpost
 
Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Cyberchat > Sports
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #421  
Old 11-06-2019, 03:18 PM
twig93's Avatar
twig93 twig93 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 34,606
Default

I think the weekly winner gets a COFP in addition to the weekly prize, right?

Your Awards chart does not reflect that I have a COFP for my Week 8 win.
__________________
Originally Posted by Gandalf
The thing that is clearest is twig's advice
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 11-06-2019, 03:27 PM
twig93's Avatar
twig93 twig93 is offline
Member
SOA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 34,606
Default

Also, assuming Iím right about earning a COFP in week 8, May I get a rules clarification? Can I use a COFP to undo one of the switches on The Arbitrary Award?

Like if I wanted to change the Rams back to the Steelers this week, could I?

(To be clear, I *donít* actually want to do that... just trying to understand the future possibilities.)
__________________
Originally Posted by Gandalf
The thing that is clearest is twig's advice
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 11-06-2019, 11:22 PM
1695814's Avatar
1695814 1695814 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Studying for nothing. I quit.
Favorite beer: Root
Posts: 38,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Woohoo!

I'll start by using my newly minted COFP on the Ravens instead of Bengals for week 10.

Going to research my picks a bit more to see if the Arbitrary Award will be worth it. I'll post for sure by TNF kick off.
noted &
__________________
Help find a cure for COVID-19. Click here.


The CDC recommends watching the Rock Paper Scissors tournament from a distance of at least six posts.


Sheep Dog Dare Game Champion
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 11-06-2019, 11:23 PM
1695814's Avatar
1695814 1695814 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Studying for nothing. I quit.
Favorite beer: Root
Posts: 38,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecup129 View Post
Me too. Thanks!
noted
__________________
Help find a cure for COVID-19. Click here.


The CDC recommends watching the Rock Paper Scissors tournament from a distance of at least six posts.


Sheep Dog Dare Game Champion
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 11-06-2019, 11:26 PM
1695814's Avatar
1695814 1695814 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Studying for nothing. I quit.
Favorite beer: Root
Posts: 38,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingboing View Post
Gonna try to change the Steelers to Rams this week.
Gonna try to note that.


Oh, look. I did.
__________________
Help find a cure for COVID-19. Click here.


The CDC recommends watching the Rock Paper Scissors tournament from a distance of at least six posts.


Sheep Dog Dare Game Champion
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 11-06-2019, 11:27 PM
1695814's Avatar
1695814 1695814 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Studying for nothing. I quit.
Favorite beer: Root
Posts: 38,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twig93 View Post
I think the weekly winner gets a COFP in addition to the weekly prize, right?

Your Awards chart does not reflect that I have a COFP for my Week 8 win.
You are correct. It was an oversight committed by the FSP Oversight Committee. It's been fixed in the summary above.
__________________
Help find a cure for COVID-19. Click here.


The CDC recommends watching the Rock Paper Scissors tournament from a distance of at least six posts.


Sheep Dog Dare Game Champion
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 11-06-2019, 11:28 PM
1695814's Avatar
1695814 1695814 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Studying for nothing. I quit.
Favorite beer: Root
Posts: 38,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twig93 View Post
Also, assuming Iím right about earning a COFP in week 8, May I get a rules clarification? Can I use a COFP to undo one of the switches on The Arbitrary Award?

Like if I wanted to change the Rams back to the Steelers this week, could I?

(To be clear, I *donít* actually want to do that... just trying to understand the future possibilities.)
Yes, you may.
__________________
Help find a cure for COVID-19. Click here.


The CDC recommends watching the Rock Paper Scissors tournament from a distance of at least six posts.


Sheep Dog Dare Game Champion
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 11-07-2019, 09:52 AM
silentassassin silentassassin is offline
Member
Non-Actuary
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Studying for Career change
Posts: 1,581
Default

As lame as this is, I guess I will stay with the default Choose Your Own Adventure award and stick with the Jable's Home Field Advantage for week 17. I chose quite a few road games, might as well help it out.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 11-07-2019, 02:14 PM
1695814's Avatar
1695814 1695814 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Studying for nothing. I quit.
Favorite beer: Root
Posts: 38,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
As lame as this is, I guess I will stay with the default Choose Your Own Adventure award and stick with the Jable's Home Field Advantage for week 17. I chose quite a few road games, might as well help it out.

Thanks
Confirmed
__________________
Help find a cure for COVID-19. Click here.


The CDC recommends watching the Rock Paper Scissors tournament from a distance of at least six posts.


Sheep Dog Dare Game Champion
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 11-10-2019, 08:05 PM
1695814's Avatar
1695814 1695814 is offline
Member
SOA AAA
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Studying for nothing. I quit.
Favorite beer: Root
Posts: 38,546
Default

Going into the night game, here are the winning scenarios for this week:

Vikings, [Seahawks, 49ers] - 3rookie
Cowboys, Seahawks - Vorian Atreides, Kid Rock, 3rookie
Cowboys, 49ers - ImPrettyDumb


The award this week is Random Poster's Lucky 7.
__________________
Help find a cure for COVID-19. Click here.


The CDC recommends watching the Rock Paper Scissors tournament from a distance of at least six posts.


Sheep Dog Dare Game Champion
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: Posts are not checked for accuracy, and do not
represent the views of the Actuarial Outpost or its sponsors.
Page generated in 0.40637 seconds with 10 queries