Actuarial Outpost

Go Back   Actuarial Outpost > Exams - Please Limit Discussion to Exam-Related Topics > SoA > SoA Exams - General
FlashChat Actuarial Discussion Preliminary Exams CAS/SOA Exams Cyberchat Around the World Suggestions

Old 05-03-2019, 12:50 PM
SOA

College: The Ohio State University
Default FAP changes

Hello everyone,

First time posting here so let me know if I am doing anything wrong. The FAPs update soon and my situation is as follows. I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on what to do next which would help me and a lot of others stuck in yet another transition.

I am about to graduate from college and start working in mid-August. I bought the FAPs last year in hoping to knock them out. At the moment I MMR on EoM 1, DNMMR on EoM 2 and waiting to hear back on EoM 3 and self-failed myself on EoM 4 (my response was way off the model answer). I will be taking SRM mid-May and plan on possibly traveling for the next 2 months so don't know whether I will be able to really touch the FAP's again until mid-July.

After starting work, I would like to take LTAM in Oct. and PA in Dec. However, this really conflicts with the FAP deadline transitions (especially for IA).

I was just wondering whether it would be better to try finishing at least through IA before the transition or just sit it out until after. Should I delay LTAM to help finish up the modules? I am just curious to hear anyone's opinions on this and I feel that it would be helpful to others also coming close to these transition deadlines. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:43 PM
SOA

Studying for the hell of it...
College: AASU
Favorite beer: This one...

You might be better off contacting the elearning team at the SOA and asking about how the transition will be handled as far as getting credit for EOMs already passed.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:48 PM
SOA

Studying for the hell of it...
College: AASU
Favorite beer: This one...

https://www.soa.org/education/genera...adline-credit/

At the bottom of the page at the link there is a table showing what credit will be offered for transition. If you can complete 1-4 and the IA you can get credit for those, so you would only need the FA after the change. If you don't get credit for IA before the switch, you essentially have to start over.